Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Be a Mentor!

For several Sundays, we have heard about two new projects in Lincoln County: the new Big Brothers/Big Sisters program, and the Lincoln County Afterschool program. Both are meant to fill some serious gaps in the lives of young people in our area. Studies have shown that mentoring is a huge need with our kids. Mentoring provides encouragement-one of the Christian imperatives that our church is based on. Encouragement provides hope. And a child who sees the world through hopeful eyes can do something significant with his or her life. In order for these to be successful, we must support them. You can be the person to make a difference by getting involved in one of these programs. Please consider volunteering. Email us for the necessary forms.

2 comments:

  1. I remember I used to mentor students of class 8 and believe me it gives internal satisfaction. Everyone should always participates in such programs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember I used to mentor students of class 8 and believe me it gives internal satisfaction. Everyone should always participates in such program.

    ReplyDelete